Embarking on the Beatles Cover Challenge

I have started a new project! I'm calling it the Beatles Cover Challenge. 

I'm going to work my way through the Beatles' output in roughly chronological order, studying the songs, finding a key that works for my voice, collaborating with other people, and sharing the music here. I have lots of ideas, so stay tuned :) There are over 200 songs in the Beatles canon and if you don't love the Beatles as much as I do you probably think this is a silly idea (and maybe it is), but I am excited to find out. 

I really have no idea how long it will take me to finish this project, especially since I'll be working on it alongside of lots of other things. In fact, I have an unrelated blog post featuring someone very special planned for next week :) 

But here is a deadline I do know: I will record my covers of the Beatles debut album, Please Please Me by March 22, 2019. I chose March 22 today after reading that it was on that day in 1963 that the album was first released. That's less than a month to learn and record 8 songs (the Beatles themselves had some covers on their first album and I'm going to omit any songs that weren't their originals). Considering that the Beatles recorded the entire album in just one day- their production company wanted to rush-release it after the success of their singles "Love Me Do" and "Please Please Me"- its actually a generous amount of time. So here goes! 

P.S. I Love You



Comments